Removing Flooring After a Water Damage in Andover, MA
A pipe break in your home is stressful and worrisome, whether it is a small section or on every level. Here are some tips you can do in order to make the process smoother for all involved:
- Shut off the source of water if possible contact a qualified party to stop the source
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, if it is safe to do so, and there is no worry of electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing laps and tabletop items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting to prevent staining.
With these tips, there can be less secondary damage until help arrives! Once SERVPRO® of The Andovers arrives, we will start the process of mitigating the situation. First we will extract any remaining water, set up drying equipment and try to help make it "Like it never even happened."
In these photos, sometimes removal of flooring is needed. The carpeting was damaged and beyond repair. After removing the affected area, we were able to dry quickly and leave the area for a contractor to put everything back in place.