Staying Safe this Labor Day
Labor Day is coming up, and is the grilling and fire pit season! Keeping the stove off and lighting that grill or smoker is a summer dream. While we all look forward to that warm weather, it is very important to keep these fire safety tips in mind!
- Keep a 3 foot clearance on all sides of the grill (that means keep kids and pets clear too!)
- Do not use the grill near the house, siding, railings, or any overhangs
- Do not use under trees or shrubbery.
- Periodically clean the grill and its grease traps to prevent grease fires.
- If using coals, please make sure they are completely cool before disposing of in a metal container.
- Before starting the fire, make sure the lid can fit and cover the inside fire in case of emergency
- Keep the fire pit well away from flammable materials and fluids
- Do not burn trash, leaves, paper or cardboard that could spark or send hot particles through the air.
Other safety reminders:
- Do not leave grills or fire pits unattended
- Always keep a fire extinguisher on hand
Always stay safe with any summer activities. Enjoy your holiday, and when in need, visit our page.